LFC Widget

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gerrard: My Autobiography



Did i mention i lurve going to the bookstore and have a scanning of what's going on, and discover all the good books? Anyway, I was at Kino the other day when I walked past this big table all covered with red drapings n stuff. It was man u books promotions 20% off. It was interesting so naturally I stopped and have a look. There all over the table were all the books about the red devils, we got books about Man Utd as the team n its winnings, we got few books on Rooney, Cantona, the usual stuff and the biggest one of all is Cristiano Ronaldo's Moments. Burned my hands, I picked up and have a look.




It was really a good book. I was completely taken with all the big photos of him and his life, and the thing took me on the most was his words. He spoke of dreams, n what he wanted to be, what he's really like, and I ended up reading the 1st chapter. Honestly, I like to read about dreams, and ppl with dreams. It made sense, coz now he's a really excellent player. I don't like Ronaldo, coz I think he overreacted always, but I respected him as a player, and I think he's a great player, though most of the time I feel like urgh...geramz when he got that smirk on his face. Tolonglah. Nyway, I was so excited I phoned Ilyana straight away and told her. She had a big laugh over me falling in like to Cristiano Ronaldo, and she can't wait to tell Shikin and whoever. I just smiled, and I think whoever with a big dreams and worked to achieve it deserves my respect. Period.
The funny thing is I intended to return to Kino to finish the book. So I came, found a corner, and sat there reading the rest of the book. He's a melancholy surely. It's funny coz Beckham is a melancholy too. He was cool, and it's a really good book. I donno if I would purchase it, I mean, it's considered a Man Utd book for sure! It costs RM99.90 hah!





The book I purchased was Gerrard: My Autobiography. It was wrapped, so I asked the lady at the counter to unwrap it. The moment I opened the page, I'm sold out. I'm getting this book man! One thing: he wrote it himself! Which was the major factor coz I like it better rather have someone else writing it for him. Of course, it must edited, but still! I got that book, and didn't sleep the until dawn reading that book to exhaustion. He was even more passionate than Cristiano! I texted Ilyana about this, but she couldn't have cared less coz perhaps it's Gerrard (i juz told her G is more ambitious than Ronaldo) and she's busy worrying about her exams. But that's how I felt! The passion and the strength of his dreams are stronger than Ronaldo, and there's also the fact that I lurvveee Stevie G haha but it's really a great book. I'm halfway through it now, woke up early to continue ready. More about this later.
Like G said, 'F*** it, bring it on!'


No comments: